Just a quick note
I finished my filming this week and I just got a chance to drop it all on Movie Maker. I felt a renewed sense of my passion for teaching, and also in my quest to start a Book Club at Fern Creek. As part of the documentary, I asked students to indicate whether or not they are interested in participating in a Book Club, and the response was almost 100% yes, across ages, ethnic groups and achievement levels. I love it! I didn't have enough space on my movie to put that info in, but it also helped me get excited about teaching. I have been pleasantly surprised with the responses of my students, and also in their willingness to participate in my project. I had students fighting over who would go next! My greatest sadness with the whole thing was that I had to cut some of the footage. It caused me great distress to choose which parts wouldn't be included!
One other thing I wanted to mention: I tried very hard to include a diverse sample of student responses for my video project. I thought that this would help to give me a preview of what I can expect next semester. Also, I only used students that I will have in class, so that I can make it a point to try and use their suggestions in my teaching practices.
More later!

1 Comments:
I've been thinking a good deal about book clubs myself as well, and I think it's a good idea. My concern would be with starting one and getting no turn out, but you seem to have found a number of kids interested, so good for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home