New Book
Hi all! I just wanted to tell you that I have stumbled upon a great new book quite by accident on my zooba.com book club. I have started reading it and I think it is great for High School aged children. It is "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" by Bill Bryson, and it is so steeped with Pop-culture that I think kids will really relate to it well. My boyfriend is actually thinking of looking into using it next year if possible because he teaches a Pop-culture class at Eastern H.S.
A little about it:
The narrator is Bill Bryson, as the story is a memoir with embellishments included, and he describes in great detail how it was when he grew up in Des Moines, Iowa in the 1950s. He talks at length about how the world worked, what was going on with him and his family, and the things he did to cope with it all. He tells some of the most hilarious stories, including one about how he supposedly burned a hole in his uncle's head with a magnifying glass! I have laughed out loud several times.
So if you want something cool to read that is Young Adult, look into this book!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home